Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Whoa, I've Moved and Other Stuff!

Wow, so it's been an inexcusably long time since I've posted. I really should model my blog more after Saket's. He does a better job of actually, you know, blogging.

So what's happened since the middle of March? Obviously, the rest of that month, April, May, and about a week of June. In that time I've completed both of my required TAships (to smashing successes), finished my last graded class EVER (at least for grad school), and MOVED! My new digs are downtown, just two blocks off Michigan Avenue (the Magnificent Mile stretch of that great street) along Ohio St. For those who know the city, I'm very close to the Northwestern Medical Campus. And Nordstrom's. And the Gap. And Eddie Bauer. Oh my....it's going to be fun come day-after-Thanksgiving sale weekend!!

Once I get my act together and blog from home (I'm on my school comp right now), I'll post pictures. In short, I can see: the Chicago River, the Trump Tower, the Sears Tower (a sliver), and the skyscrapers bordering Millennium Park. I'm also about five blocks away from Navy Pier, so I'll be attending a lot more WBEZ events.

So what's next? Before June is over I'll have traveled to California to celebrate Saket's graduation from Stanford (CONGRATS), celebrated my Dad's 64th birthday (insert Beatles song here) and Father's Day, visited Yosemite National Park and Lake Tahoe, and both written and succesfully defended my thesis proposal. I will actually have a laptop on that trip so I promise to update in a more timely fashion.

Until then, my sweets, farewell!

No comments: